You are a self-starter, who is looking to expand your existing design skills and gain real-world experience. As our production designer, your work will help lay the groundwork for our client’s success. This role will include creative thinking, brainstorming as well as design production tasks. Assisting with project research, creating mood boards, design comps, and templates. Whilst implementing design revisions, you will help to keep our files organized, and assist with general (online) administrative tasks. Help the CEO step out of day-to-day design production and leverage her time for creative direction, sales, and marketing.
Assisting in about 5-7 design projects at all times. Our projects range from website design (Adobe XD, Photoshop) to print campaigns (InDesign & Illustrator) and creative direction/branding (Pinterest research, stock photography, Canva mood boards, and mockups). Our clients range from fashion & lifestyle brands to kids, edutech and hospitality. A majority of our clients are female-led, and in general, our design style is modern, well-curated with a feminine slant.
This position is a part-time, contract-based role with the aim to transition to a primary design position, based on performance, workload, and competency. We are looking for a person that is passionate about design and eager to grow with our company.
FLEX YOUR CREATIVE MUSCLE
Collaborate with Creative Director and team members and aid in research on our design projects. Think – sketching, Pinterest, Social research, and yes, old school magazines.
LEARN OUR DESIGN PROCESS
• Work with Creative Director and team members to set up files, implement design revisions, and prep projects for delivery
• Improve your existing knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Illustrator, InDesign and Canva
• Keep clean and organized layers in your files
• Interact with clients, attend meetings and more!
CREATE ATTRACTIVE PROJECT MOCKUPS
• Utilize existing photoshop templates, research new ones, capture designs, and implement into Canva and photoshop for use on website and social media.
• May also assist with social media scheduling & posting.
CREATE HOW-TO GUIDES FOR CLIENTS
• Utilize our existing client how-to guides, gather and process information for clients to utilize their new website or brand.
• Create new instructional videos (via loom) – training provided
SUPPORT AND BE SUPPORTED
No question is off-limits (well- design-wise!) and we are here to help you grow as a designer. In turn, you’ll be expected to
• Participate in daily check-ins via zoom and slack
• Join client/ vendor meetings when needed
• Maintain an accurate record of daily tasks and hours worked through our project management & time tracking
- Design degree preferred certification, or equivalent experience in graphic design
- 1-2 years real-world experience – freelance, in-house, or agency
- Highly proficient in photoshop, illustrator & InDesign
- Must have a Mac, Adobe cloud, good internet and the ability to sync large files via our Dropbox (we recommend getting an extra hard drive!)
- Proactive, good at multi-tasking, and crazy about the details
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe XD (or willingness to learn)
- Adobe InDesign
- Google Apps / G Suite
- Must be professional and on time – while we have a laid-back office, we take our work seriously – no flakes!
- Committed to our clients. Their growth directly impacts our success.
- We believe in the inclusion and protection of all humans and require all members of the team to believe the same.
- Available for work + communication:
Weekdays, Mountain time business hours – via Slack, Zoom, Phone, Email and occasionally text
- Up to 20 hours per week, with the opportunity for more
- Rate: $20 to $25 depending on experience
- 1099 contractor
Want to join our amazing team?
Due to the overwhelming response, we regret we cannot respond to every applicant. We will reply back in more detail to those we are interested in interviewing.
Thanks and good luck!