Fall is officially upon us, and as we welcome our current intern Marielle officially into the Spitfiregirl team, that means we are now offering our next graphic design internship! Those interested in weddings & events, fashion, pretty pictures, fun content and all things social media should look no further!
Spitfiregirl is a San Francisco-based design firm, looking for a graphic design/marketing/blog intern. Our clients are primarily in the wedding/event & fashion industries, so a LOVE of pretty pictures and fun content is a must! This is a 3 month unpaid Fall internship. School credit is preferred but not a requirement. Paid freelance work upon completion of the internship will definitely be considered.
You will work on a variety of design projects (mostly web) with an emphasis on marketing to help build a brand. I am looking for strong concepts, good typography, a strong understanding of the web, good use of grids and color, and appropriate styles for respective projects. There should be some thought behind your work. In addition to web design, you will assist us in gathering content/writing/organizing our blog & social media.
You will get hands-on experience how a design studio works, including various stages of projects from concept to completion along with participating in office duties in our creative shop. This position is a great opportunity for someone to learn the ins and outs of running a professional design business in an informal setting.
Duties to include:
• research and concepting
• creation of mood boards
• website wireframes & design
• designing email & promotional materials
• web & print production
• file organization
• creation of fashion lookbooks
• helping with our blog/social media
• A STRONG interest in fashion, lifestyle, weddings is a must. We do not do any tech, finance or gaming (ie: the boring stuff)
• Portfolio of design work that includes web, print, and identity projects
• Demonstrated proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. HTML is a plus
• WordPress experience highly desired (or willingness to learn)
• Proactive & good at multi-tasking. Efficient!
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Available to work 10-20 hours per week
• On-site intern preferred (San Francisco) but not a steadfast requirement
• Ideally a design student but also not a steadfast requirement
Interested? Please send your resume and portfolio (please link to your website and/or client work) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “web design intern” in your subject line. We will let all candidates know we have received your information, and reply back in more detail to those we are interested in interviewing.
Thanks & good luck!