Hey everyone! Things here at Spitfiregirl are busy, busy (did I say busy? real busy) and we need help! We are looking for a smart, creative, and energetic design intern to join our studio. Our clients are primarily in the wedding/event & fashion industries, so a LOVE of pretty pictures and fun content is a must! This is a 3-6 month internship (unpaid). School credit is preferred but not a requirement. Paid freelance work upon completion of the internship will definitely be considered. Curious to know more? Please read below for all the details…
What’s this internship entail?
You will work on a variety of design projects (identity, print and mostly web) with an emphasis on marketing to help build a brand. I am looking for strong concepts, good typography, a strong understanding of the web, good use of grids and color, and appropriate styles for respective projects. There should be some thought behind your work. You will get hands-on experience how a design studio works, including various stages of projects from concept to completion along with participating in office duties in our creative shop. This position is a great opportunity for someone to learn the ins and outs of running a professional design business in an informal setting.
Duties to include:
• research and concepting
• creation of mood boards
• file organization
• print collateral design
• website wireframes & design
• designing email & promotional materials
• creation of fashion lookbooks
• web & print production
• helping with our blog/social media
• Portfolio of design work that includes web, print, and identity projects
• Demonstrated proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. HTML is a plus
• WordPress experience highly desired (or willingness to learn)
• Proactive & good at multi-tasking. Efficient!
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Available to work 10-20 hours per week
• On-site intern preferred (San Francisco) but not a steadfast requirement
• Ideally a design student but also not a steadfast requirement
Interested? Please send your resume and portfolio (please link to your website and/or client work) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “design intern” in your subject line. We will let all candidates know we have received your information, and reply back in more detail to those we are interested in interviewing.
Thanks & good luck!